• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idahoan newb.....

2HIJOS2126

Hello there fellow MV owners..... I recently puchased a 1028 and should have it here by the end of next week..... So of course being a newb I got some dumb questions....
First off I know to do the resistor bypass and doghead relay mods to be up to par... My questions are more concerning the 24v system.... I already own a civi 85' Silverado and I FN love it and Ive added alot of accessories to it...

I also plan on adding alot of accessories to my 1028.. IE; multiple fog/driving lights, stereo, winch... So what do I need to be aware of when attemting all of this??? I am totally lost with this 24v system.... Thanks in advance.....

The pictures are from the Ebay posting..... I hope they come through.... I will be posting new pics of it besides my 85' Silverado in my driveway very soon.....

Attachments

2HIJOS2126

85' Silverado.....

This is my 85" Silverado.... I puchased it last year stock height riding on some 18" wheels... added a 4" lift and slapped some 33" tires on 16" rims underneath it.. also swapped out the 305 for a 350 and new exhaust all the way back... My friends helped me fab up my roll bar and also my tire carrier which does swing out..... Got tired of breaking this truck so on to a heavier vehicle...... My 1028...

I love to get into the mud.... and yes I AM A LIONS FAN.....

Attachments

2HIJOS2126

Got it...

Got my M1028 in last night... YAY...... :jumpin::jumpin:Got it registered and been driving ALL DAY!!!!!:driver::driver: I'll post pics a lil bit later...... I am wanting to add some lights n such to it and Im all confused with this 24v system.... Any help and or pointing me in the right direction would greatly be appreciated...

cucv1833

Got my M1028 in last night... YAY...... :jumpin::jumpin:Got it registered and been driving ALL DAY!!!!!:driver::driver: I'll post pics a lil bit later...... I am wanting to add some lights n such to it and Im all confused with this 24v system.... Any help and or pointing me in the right direction would greatly be appreciated...
Welcome!!

Good looking chevys. The only thing 24V on the CUCV is the Nato Slave port on front bumper, starter, the feed going to the glowplug resistor. 1- outlet in the fuse box bottom left

Everthing else is 12v. theres a 12 juntion block on the driver side fire wall and the rest of the fuse box is 12v check it all out with a volt meter.

The 12v resistor bypass and doghead relay mods is the first thing I did with mine.

Download the TM's and read though the CUCV Stickys and FAQ threads. Search can find everything else.

As for running a bunch of extra 12v items like lights Ect. I ran a 10Ga, wire from front batt + to the inside cab with a aftermarket fuse block from autozone to run all my aftermarket gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks