• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas for middle bench seat for LMTV?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm wanting to create a bench seat to replace the middle seat of the LMTV. There is 31" between the driver and passenger seats, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a bench seat from another military vehicle that is that width (or very close)? It would be a lot easier to modify an existing bench seat that build a whole new one, or at least use the cushions and build a new frame. Thanks!

Strong50

I just built a new frame that spanned the whole back of the M1088. It houses my auxillary fuse block, subwoofer, and Amplifier. I went to a mattress manufacturer "Campbell Mattress" which is local and picked up some 3" memory foam for the seat and back rest. Looking for someone to sew canvas over the memory foam.

coachgeo

have considered back to back seats that face port and starboard. Legs then could drop down more comfortably like a regular seat. Also considered van or minivan sofa seat so that after folding down driver/passenger seat top forward.... bench can then fold out for extra bed.

Could also slide passenger seat all way to rear as some Big rigs do to make the whole cab feel more spacious. Could take this idea and do passenger seat along with 1 to 2 additional passenger seating all on one bench as high as the typical middle seat on these rigs ( or even three separate actual seats.) Below this passenger side could be storage. mini fridge orr? Look at some European big rig cab set ups for ideas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks