• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify 1960s Hand Cart/Trailer?

muddybike

I have looked at a lightweight folding hand cart / trailer offered for sale locally, however I have not been able to find anything about it. I hope to find specifications and pricing, with some form of history.

The only reference has been this picture I am linking to. The site indicated it was made of aluminum for German paratroopers.

Description:

Data Plate (1961 mfg) in German
white stenciling in German on bed wall 150 KG load limit (about 330 LBS)
easily lifted, perhaps 25 kilos total
deck about a meter square with hinged shallow walls that fasten with a single lever wing nut device to each other to stay up
metal pins holding the wheel mounts raised or lowered
a forward "kick stand" for holding it level while parked
visible dirt and oxidizing, but not rust, supporting the aluminum claim above
tires are about 16" and appear to be split steel rims held on with wing nuts

a small hammer supplied in the center over the handle for adjusting the attitude of stubborn knock down pins the cart is liberally supplied with

the handle is pivoted where it connects to the bed, and again 2/3 to the end, and then a couple inches from the pintle ring, with a removable handle at the end for applying people power

http://www.endtimesreport.com/pictures/german cart.JPG

I have a motorcycle/sidecar (newly built to old design) that I want a trailer for. MV type hint: 3.25 million made over 70 years by red flag waiving despots, and some kind of law requires at least one to cruise by in the background of every WWII flick.

The appropriate WWII trailers and reproductions cost north of $3,000 delivered, so I was looking at Swiss Mule/Ammo/Mountain trailers ($275-$1,400 + shipping) when I found the cart described above. Mule carts approach 200 lbs empty, a concern when towed by a motorcycle that isn't rated to tow the spare tire of most of the vehicles I see on this site. Suggestions of lighter smaller trailers at realistic prices welcomed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks