• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idle adjustment?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right on top of the rack lever there is a nut and a screw. the nut locks the screw which is the idle screw. Minute adjustments make big changes.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You folks are the best. Honest. Sharing knowledge like this is WHY I come here every day.

That and I don't actually have a real life, so I can 'hang out' with people of like interests without ever leaving the comfort of my home.

THX for giving people like me a place to just hang out. jim

rdixiemiller

wallew said:
That and I don't actually have a real life, so I can 'hang out' with people of like interests without ever leaving the comfort of my home.

Of course you have a life. We are your life! Extended family maybe, although there are probably a few you wouldn't want to claim as close relatives.........

red devils dude

Polverone said:
Just for curiosity sakes, what is the correct idle rpm on the multifuel?

Is is different for turbo and N/A?
first off yes it is different for turbo and N/A
N/A idle is 650-700 rpm
turbo idle is 650-770 and the manual say's to
"Refer to injection pump identification plate for correct idle speed setting"

marksgarage2

Just got back from my roadtest. Turned up the fuel a turn and a half and the idle to 800. Alot more bottom end and throttle response than before. By the way, I saw no loss in power going from a D turbo to a C turbo. Also the truck holds highway speeds better and really pulls on the hills at 55 mph. Very happy with my adjustments so far. Thanks for everyones help. Mark

baja_power

marksgarage2 said:
Just got back from my roadtest. Turned up the fuel a turn and a half and the idle to 800. Alot more bottom end and throttle response than before. By the way, I saw no loss in power going from a D turbo to a C turbo. Also the truck holds highway speeds better and really pulls on the hills at 55 mph. Very happy with my adjustments so far. Thanks for everyones help. Mark
did you do complete turns or flats?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another good reason to keep the idle up a bit is headlights. The harmonics produced in the 600 to 750 range are heck in headlight filaments and these aren't cheap headlights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks