• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

idle/wide open injector pump adjustment

robkiller

I am at the point where I need to re-adjust my injector pump I think.

My fuel shut off solenoid will lift but the unit will not start until I life the throttle lever (the thing that the fuel shut off solenoid pushes on) up a bit. I assume this is because it needs to be adjusted. It never moves from being all the way closed/down even when the fuel shut off solenoid is lifted. How do I do this? Also do I need to and if so how do I adjust for proper wide open?

Thanks again and again...

robkiller

I cant not find the directions on how to adjust this anywhere. Anyone have any knowledge on how to do this? The part I am talking about is on tm-6115-585-24p page132 figure 41 and is called the “the governor assembly”

Jimc

Rob the adjustmet is in the depot manual. 7-5 maybe.. Or around there. I was looking at it yesterday. If you lift your shutoff solenoid the governor arm should lift the throttle arm almost all the way up. Thats when its not running. Basically when its off that gov arm should be way up and the shutdown solenoid, when released, should take your spring loaded brass linkage rod and extend it quite a bit to completely shut the unit down. If your gov arm is not putting tension on the linkage the spring may be missing

robkiller

Rob the adjustmet is in the depot manual. 7-5 maybe.. Or around there. I was looking at it yesterday. If you lift your shutoff solenoid the governor arm should lift the throttle arm almost all the way up. Thats when its not running. Basically when its off that gov arm should be way up and the shutdown solenoid, when released, should take your spring loaded brass linkage rod and extend it quite a bit to completely shut the unit down. If your gov arm is not putting tension on the linkage the spring may be missing
I will look thanks. Its not moving it at all so I will take a look.

Thanks

Munchies

If there is pressure being applied to the throttle arm on the IP it should raise. Problem is corrosion and gummy crud sticks up the shaft and assembly that is on the other end of that throttle lever. With fresh diesel in it, if you gently coax it up and work it back and forth you can un stick it. It may take a long time (1-2) weeks of starting it every day and working that arm in it bottom 3/8 or so of movement to totally free it up. Dont force it.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks