• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

if i bought a cucv with an sf-97, can it be transferred?

johnnychevelle

Hey all. I am in the process of buying an m1028. the vehicle owner has the sf-97, NOT the title. can the sf-97 be transferred to me? or are we better off having him title the vehicle and then transferring that to me? thanks guys

John

LanceRobson

Johnny

A month or two back I sold a Deuce, with a SF-97 without titling it first. The Deuce was a '71. The buyer and myself are both NY residents.

A CUCV will be a different kettle of fish.

NY began issuing titles in '73. Any '73 or newer vehicle will have to be titled prior to transferring it. Check with your local county DMV, but I think that after the current owner applies for a title he can sell it to you and you can apply for the NY title right away. I don't believe you have to wait for him to actually get the title slip. You'd need a copy of his title paperwork and the usual transfer of title forms.

If you get hung up, PM me. The Cayuga County DMV in Auburn has a really sharp gal who is experienced with dealing with SF-97s and other old military vehicle issues.

My experience has been that it works best if the seller and buyer can go to the DMV together. If the buyer brings "proof of insurance" you should be able to wade through it all in one trip and walk out with plates.

I don't know what wrinkles are added if the seller is out of state.

Lance