• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If You Want Something Done Right...

1stgear

...You got to do it yourself.

Well, after getting the local paint shop to shoot my truck 2x and hating it both times, I decided to do it myself. Having never painted a vehicle before, only houses, I was a little aprehensive. But, I went to the paint and body forum on SS and asked a bunch of questions. I found out what paint to buy and how to reduce it. I used Gilespie 383 CARC Green. I mixed the paint 3:1 and it went on like a champ. I would have to say that the hardest part of the whole thing was taping off the front of the truck. I did the painting over 2 Saturdays. The first I pained the bed. The second I painted the front. Pictures below show the process.

Attachments

1stgear

I just used a $60 gun that I picked up at Lowe's. I was really impressed with how it worked. I also bought my reducer from Lowes - Zylol, Zylene, Zy-something!! Can't remember the exact name. I breathed way too many fumes.

Cdub

The paint came out very well.............Are you going to do a woodland camo......or leave it the 383 green.......??

Cheers,

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks