• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you're needing to rebuild an air compressor

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a spare air compressor for my 1078 and not knowing whether it was NOS or was a takeoff as it was covered in sand and needed a cleaning regardless, I started to look for piston rings and gasket kits. Well, I stumbled upon a seller on a certain wEB site that is selling the correct piston AND ring kits. 2 piston/rings for about what Haldex charges for just one ring kit. Just go to that site and search with the following: EQ2604 4310-01-227-4720.

Just wanted to share my good fortune and a good price with you all until he runs out (no affiliation with the seller). Admin...if this is a no no let me know and I can remove it.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That kit looks like 1 piston. Did you order two of them?
Also is the same compressor on the 3116 and 3126B engines?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pistons and rings rarely are an issue. It's the exhaust valve springs and the disc valves themselves that wear out. Rebuilding the head is quite easy and cheap and can be done without pulling the compressor off the truck.

If it's passing oil then it might need rings but it's a toss up between throwing new rings in it, trying to hone it, or boring it oversized. Anymore with most piston driven things - if the bore is bad enough that you think you should hone it you probably should bore it over to the next size. And *most* of the time you are better off with new rings and not touching the bores at all. And pistons you can typically reuse unless they are very scored up and then you need to bore the cylinders anyway which means oversized pistons are required.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That kit looks like 1 piston. Did you order two of them?
Also is the same compressor on the 3116 and 3126B engines?
1 kit is two pistons....thats what makes it a great deal. I was confused and messaged the seller. He said it is two pistons. I got two boxes in the mail.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any reason people don't like to post links or mention certain websites? I see it a lot on here.
Are the compressors the same for 3116,3126,C7?

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any reason people don't like to post links or mention certain websites? I see it a lot on here.
Are the compressors the same for 3116,3126,C7?
There are rules against posting active auctions so there is no funny business regarding the auction I believe. eBay is an auction site so I didn't want to mention it directly. I wonder if it is different if it is a buy now item and not an actual auction item?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks