• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

importing armor from outside US

rmgill

maddawg308 said:
Here's the model. This one is restored, but for sale at a premium. I would be looking for one that is restorable and cheap.
Those BTR40s are apparently based on a LOT of Soviet copied parts of Dodge trucks. I think that was part of the reason the Israelis re-used and rebuilt the ones they captured from the Arabs.

Insofar as importation of armor. Get a deposit on a piece of armor, get the data, send it to the ATF on a Form 6. A month or three later, if you get a returned form approved or not.

Me and two friends just got our Form 6 for our Humber.

L1A1

MadDawg308
That BTR40 you posted an image of is for sale again on David Uhrig's website. If I'm not mistaken, the inspiration for the BTR40 was the US M3A1 scout car that the Soviets received in large numbers through lend lease.
Regards,
Matt

Here's an interesting thought. You cannot re-import US AFVs back into the USA nor does Unc Sam surplus them out to civilians. The M113 is built under license in several other Countries (Italy for example) for those Countries respective armies. Would it be posiable to import a surplus'd foreign built M113? Afterall, it's not a US mfg'd or US Gov't owned AFV and never was. Just curious to see what the consencious is.

tamangel

M20 in New Hampshire.. 1/2

Mentioned above as a Craigslist item, same vehicle just ended on an ebay auction:

20 bids, last @ $9200, reserve not met:
Military M20 Armored Personell Carrier
Vehicle Description
You are bidding on a 1943 Military M20 APC (armored personell carrier) With it's original JXD Hercules flathead 6 cyl. gas eng. We last had this running and driving in 1970-71 when we parked it the waterpump was leaking. We never got around to repairing it. I had intentions of doing a complete restoration . Just no time for this project. The pictures show it the way it is today. condition etc. I will be happy to answer any questions or provide more photos on request. I do not have the turret or the upper armor,& fenders. This was all removed prior .to 1970 The way You see it in the photos is what it is. The kids broke the lights but the engine compartment was never disturbed. The front driveshaft was also removed (prior ) to gain top speed. The unit is located in Alstead NH. 03602 and can be seen/inspected by appointment. call for more info. . I will return your calls in the evening. Please Don't bid if You are not prepared buy. Please don't call to ask "What I'm Looking to get ". BID IT. If You want it , take the time to look it over carefully . don't hesitate to call with questions. We will assist You in Loading the M20 on your Trailer . This is a Great pc. of History and will only continue to go up in value over time.wgt 12,000lbs. width 8 ft. length 16' and approx. 6' high . Unit steers & rolls freely. Full payment required 48 hrs. of auction close and prior to removal. Cashiers ck. cash in person etc.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks