• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indiana MVs

jimm1009

Hello fellow MVers.
Well after departing Louisiana in Feb 2019 after a 30 year stay, I am back in southern Indiana near the river.
I still have a permanent LA registration but want to retitle it here. I have the instruction sheet from the state but have a question on that for Hoosier owners. As quoted from their rule, "The military registration numbers must be stenciled on the front and back in White or Yellow numbers in accordance with applicable military regulations". I understand the meaning but current TM for painting the CUCV is several decades old and shows the Tan colored block with Black numbers in it for most paint schemes.

My actual question is this; Has anyone recently done the registration number and titling in IN and used black? I guess worse case scenario I could use white, have it inspected, titled, etc. and then paint it black once I take it back home. IN LA these rules are called an RS with a number assigned which is Revised Statute. IN used to have an IN with a number but they much have changed that.

jimm1009 here
or just plain Jim

Avngr86

So, Mine is titled as an 84 D10, and i have regular plates and do not have to have any of that. Im curious as to what your title calls your cucv. Just had mine transferred over this past Jan

jimm1009

So, Mine is titled as an 84 D10, and i have regular plates and do not have to have any of that. Im curious as to what your title calls your cucv. Just had mine transferred over this past Jan
The title does not call it a CUCV but the model is indeed M1009 on the registration and title.
As you know it is also a D series truck which is military. They all had Vin Code J 6.2 diesels originally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks