• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inexpensive Deuce insurance with a Catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SierraHotel

In searching for insurance for my Deuce so that I can get the dreaded license plates to deface it, I may have come across some affordable insurance for those of you that are like me…
A. No HEEEEYUGE garage to keep it in…
B. Don’t plan on using it excessively (or for work for that matter)…
C. Don’t have an excess of money…
I’m still waiting for the other show to drop…but a local State Farm agent is telling me that I can insure my Deuce for in excess of three times the Virginia state insurance minimum requirements for $75.00 a year. This is only liability and uninsured motorists, no collision, no comprehensive. I stressed that it is a big ol’ 2.5 ton, ten wheel, three axle troop transport. Didn’t flinch.
No garaging requirements (yet), but it is limited to 2000 miles per year. Personally, that is going to be about $900.00 a year in diesel. That is probably enough spent each year. I’ll let you know when the other show drops and I’m back to paying Gulfway $250.00 a year.

houdel

I have "Antique/Classic Vehicle" coverage through State Farm. The cost is $170 (cheap, auto insurance in Michigan is very expensive). No garage, agreed cash value of my truck $6,000, coverages include $100K/$300K Liability, $100K Property Damage, PIP, Property protection, Comprehensive AND Collision ($200 deductible), Uninsured Motorist, AND Emergency Road Service!

Of course the usual disclaimers apply - not a daily driver, no commercial use, primary use driving to/attending events, parades, etc. which is not a problem for me as I only drive it 2k-6k miles per year anyhow.

ah1955

Inexpensive Deuce inrurance with a catch

State Farm for mine also same coverage as houdel listed only I think the agreed value is listed as 5,000 but the rest is the same.
Here in Pa. it cost me 35.00 ever 6 month was told that you can only get it for the 6 month term so ever 6 month I have to writh a check to State Farm, all they require is that it ia reg. as an antique which is some what restrictive on use, the best thing for me was that they don't require it to be garage kept like most all the special insurers do.

SierraHotel

Well, I got plates today and talked to my insurance carrier and the other shoe didn’t drop. I’m paying $75.00 a year for over $100,000.00/$300,000.00 liability only with a provision that I will only drive 2,000 miles a year and that it is used for restoration, shows and club stuff. I told him that I would be doing some personal recreational and maintenance driving and he did not have a problem with that. I am also getting another price for a higher mileage policy.
Personally, I look at it sort of like I did my junker when I was a kid. Getting collision and comprehensive is a general waste of money and if I run it into a tree, I could probably sell it more for parts than it is worth whole.
Unfortunately, my agent can only do Virginia, but if you are in Virginia and are interested, here is the contact information:
Doreen Wallace
State Farm Insurance
10559 Crestwood Drive
Manassas, VA 20109
phone 703-335-9500 fax 703-335-9016

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gulfway:
$350/yr
no use restrictions except not for hire and not daily driver
agreed value $10K
100/300K liability