• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Infected

toddbe

SteelandCanvas - not whnnin = just facing reality of the infection with others infected with me:drool:

ODdave - thanks for the offer to help. I think I'm going to actively look for a tow bar and bring her home that way. I should have mentioned the prior prior owner had a transmission problem then with the prior owner did not repair. So I got a good price on her, but have some work to do. She not far from home, only 35-40 miles.

Last edited:

toddbe

She is finally home. My M43!

After meeting a wonderful man who made me totally green with envy over his collection - he gracelessly loaned me his towbar and vast amount of knowledge (I get to keep the knowledge gained).

More photos coming later, but I thought I would at least get this one posted.

Attachments

Danl

Danl M915A1

I came across a 43, I looked it over real good the frame and body is not rusted at all I think it was kept under cover. tha paint is in bad shape it looks like a restore job will be easy. because of no rust. heres the thing. the motor. when I spin it with my wrench there is a stuck point. than I back the wrench the other way and can spin it around untill I reach the stuck point. The guy said put PB blaster and keep spinning it back a fort untill I free it up. He wants me to blow throught the stuck point because he wants to sell the truck , and i tell him the motor is stuck. he droped the price pretty low. I want to restore one off these truck but know nothing about a flat head, I'm a deisel guy . can I buy rebuilt kits for this motor? Knowing the motor is stuck can I fix it valve seals head gaskit piston rings ect. are they buyable?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks