• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info on Generator trailer ...........

CanadaDeuce

Hi All

Im currious, what " M " number is a 1 1/2 ton Generator trailer ?, also what type of generator setup was on the 2 long rails running down the deck ?

If anyone can help and pics of any with a gen on would help alot, you see alot of empty ones but never seen what was on them.

Thanks

CanadaDeuce

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: gen

The trailer is an M103A3 which is the same as the chassis designation. Find the PU number set and I'll direct you to a TM to determine what gensets were upon this trailer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

M103A3. That is the chassis designation and no further M series numbers apply to that trailer. Since most of the M103A3 chassis ended up with that sheetmetal, they are mostly referred to as the M103A3. Bjorn has an M103A3 sporting an M105 body and it came that way, it was still referred to as an M103A3 because it was an original powerplant trailer.

ida34

The are about a foot longer on the rear than a normal M105 because the body overhangs. The chassis is the same as the M105 but the body is longer. The data plate on mine shows M103a3 for the trailer with the trailer serial number. There is also second data plate attached for the "set" as the PU-619. This only applies when the trailer has the two 10k gensets. Mine looks like the one above but it has a removable bulkhead at the front. I think some of them came with 1 diesel 10k. Finding a cover for them is almost impossible. If anyone has a line on a cover even if it is damaged I would love to hear from you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks