• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

information request

northwestmarine

hello all i am new to this forum and did not know wher to post this i hope it's right i seen a pic of a truck in the photos section and was wondering what type of crane if anybodys knows.
Zeligson 5 Ton Prototype fifth wheel truck i am looking for info on type of crane this is i have been looking for one of thease for a wile.
the way it folds is right for my oprations on what i do or any info where i can find one like it or evan a truck setup like it.
i can be E-Mailed at northwestmarine@centurytel.net for any info greatful thank you.
robert.

Attachments

AMX70

The truck that you are asking about is mine. The crane is a HIB 8001 from a early HEMMT. I was told that the crane was mounted on the truck after it left the proving ground and it was used to unload antenna towers in Vint Hill Va. Its rated at 14K at 10ft and 4K at 38ft. The only issue I have is that it is very heavy. The truck weighs 38K with no load.

John

acetomatoco

Hiab cranes are available at heavy equipment dealers... I had one aftermarket mounted on a deuce about 20 years ago...

northwestmarine

thanks all for the info guys. so far all the units i have found are not the type that fold in the way AMX70's crane folds but now i can do more reaserch from the model type. i am looking at a wrecker on GL now but would like to get my hands on one of thease.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks