• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump head m35a2

Hey whats up guys , ill start by saying I did do my research before posting. As I know that can be annoying to deal with people that havnt searched. Here's my situation in a summary.
I picked up an m35a2 with water purification unit body on it. Hours are very low. Continental turbo multifuel
Truck didn't run , I pulled the HH as described in information, and videos. No I didn't break or force anything.. cleaned head... re- installed. Also found button had came off . Reinstalled.
I believe timing is off. I don't think I had pump in the correct spot to pull the head. truck does run but very poor. Can someone give me a short description to start over.
Just to be clear I didn't mess with the pump, just the HH.
I understand there are lots of posts. I guess I'm confused about where the balancer should be (I'm aware of TDC valves closed on 1) in to relation with the red mark/pointer on HH. Thankyou in advance

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most all of the time all we worry about is the red scribe mark and the head pointer being on mark then remove. I say most because when the head is installed correctly when we go to remove it ever again we line up the head red scribe and pointer and pull head. Now there has been motors with head installed incorrect maybe one full tooth off to front or rear so the head does not want to come out. If you are worried about timing now find TDC # 1 piston and line up harmonic balancer with its correct mark. Also you can open the advanced window ( four bolt cover on top front of the IP) and it should be on it's mark. Now check the head and it should be just about one tooth off to the rear. If your timing is off and head was installed a little off then as said the head will not come out when you go to remove it because you have turned over the motor or tried to start it. Now you have to line up the head red scribe and pointer but rotate the motor just a little one way or the other till the quill shaft cut out washer ( forgot correct name for it ) will line up for removal and head will lift out. You ask where the harmonic balancer should be? I never had a degree wheel on the HB when I removed the head but when head red scribe and head pointer are lined up the HB is not on mark and the advance window mark can be seen but it to is not quite on mark. To find when #1 piston is on compression stroke you can remove front valve cover and watch # 1 intake or the easy way. Injection Pump Timing | SteelSoldiers
This is why when we remove the head we check it is installed correct red scribe and pointer right on mark before we turn over the motor or we run into problems removing it next time. You never want to pry or force the head out as it will bend the quill shaft washer. So myself I would check timing now and get back to us. Also pics helps out a lot.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks