• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump problem

poppop

I just bought a couple of five ton trucks and one when started runs wide open. It is a 1968 with multi-fuel engine. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just pull the pump and take to a diesel shop?
Thanks
Lloyd

Desert Rat

PP;
The tolerances on these pumps are so exacting my suggestion and experience is to have the professionals do the work. It's cheaper and they have all the specialty tools needed to do the job right the first time. Be sure to use a fuel injection shop, not just a truck shop. I learned the hard way.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Make sure the hand throttle isn't stuck on. Check and make sure the throttle return spring is hooked up. If that doesn't do it, check the throttle shaft on the pump and make sure it is bolted up tight and not slipping. Other than that, it may be internal.

Attachments

hot rod deuce

it could be something to do with the oil line going to it. you see when the engine is not running the pump goes to "full fuel" to help start it and then as soon as it senses oil pressure it goes back and rests on the stop under the fuel density compensator. my guess is its somtin sticky in there. i wouldnt be afraid of taking the four bolts out of the D/C (density compensator) and checking for a stickey fuel rod. you will need to remove some safety wire if no one has already done so the only thing you can mess up in there is to get it dirty providing you dont mess with anything

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks