• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump questions.

Im preparing to install a rebuilt IP. I wanted to insure that the shut off solenoid in my new pump was indeed the correct one. Do 12V and 24V versions exist? I have my truck apart, so I cant just manually test the input voltage to the IP myself. I also noticed that my new, rebuilt pump has an extra stud on the governor cover. I made the rebuilder (Badger Diesel) aware this was for a M1009. The 34TM mentions testing the shut off solenoid by jumping 12V between one of the solenoids terminals and chassis ground, so im assuming that perhaps only a 12V version exists, but im reading about 24V - 12V mix ups occouring, so im just trying to figure out the basics before I move forward. Here are images of both my new and old governor covers.20200112_191722.jpg20200112_155943.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All looks good to me. The 24 volt version has that rubber waterproof connector. If for some unknown reason they installed a 24 volt solenoid in there, worst case it won't pull in.

Chaski

This is my $.02

I'm a little rusty on injection pumps since mine has been trouble free for a few years now.

That looks like a 24V cover to me, as the fuzzy memory thinks the 24V versions were the only ones with the additional terminal. Might be worth a call to badger just to make sure they didn't ship you a HMMWV pump.

cucvrus

I thought you were way past this point. Last I knew you were doing rocker arms and valve covers. That injection pump looks great. In the hundreds I installed I never checked or worried if it had a 12 volt or a 24 volt solenoid. Like mentioned it would have the black round sealed plug if it were from a HMMWV. I have installed a few of them also. Proceed and remember the gear has an oblong hole in it and that is where the peg on the pump drive sits inside. 3 holes only align 1 way. Good Luck and report back. Sorry if I misunderstood how far you were on the previous post. 2-3 hours tops you should be done.

Im taking forever because I can only work at it it brief spurts, and honestly am probably a little over cautious. Thanks for your help. I became concerned when I saw that the new pump had an additional stud on it.

cucvrus

I see that stud. Not sure what that is but I seen it before. Can't find the picture but it all worked out the same. I just ignored that stud and installed the pump the same as always. Good Luck. I am watching closely. Be Safe.

Badger Diesel just confirmed the extra stud to be a blind stud, from a converted pump. They answered my email nearly immediately. Seems like a decent place. I will begin the install next Saturday. Thanks for everything. I will update next weekend.

Chaski

Excellent.

With that news from Badger you should be good to go. The 24v cold advance solenoids used two connectors- the 12V ones used one. Leaving the connector there as a blank to fill the hole makes sense.4ED8734F-2BA5-488F-9EE4-7A0E1DFB991C.png7848B87C-A13B-4D52-8975-E143A250C2AA.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks