• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump questions.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I got this engine! Its the new to me LDT-465-1C. Its been sitting for quite a spell without the steel lines from the injection pump to the injectors. Question is how deep does one think the water may have gotten in the pump? Considering trying to swap out the hydraulic head. Haven't tried to start it yet. Just curious. How difficult is th hydraulic head to replace?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it Bjorn. Is that similar to the later IP manual? I was looking at images at work this morning but my head kept hitting the steering wheel. Something about lack of sleep or something.

Dieselsmoke

If water did get into the pump the only thing it could get into would be the hydraulic head. The head is very simple to replace. Just get the gasket set from Saturn and you'll be good to go.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, there is a "star" weep hole plug on the side of the hyd head. A 7/16, 12 point socket will take it out. Try removing it and see if any water/fuel seeps out. If nothing comes out, or only fuel comes out. Try to start it. But if you get water/rusty water i would pull the head and make sure it's useable.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Ken, too late. I swapped all the parts that my LDT was missing, over from the LDS engine. I had cleaned out the head while on the injection pump and used some heat valve lubricant before putting on the injection lines. After considerable time bleeding the system, I got the engine running. Its hitting on all 6 and sounds pretty darned good. Have a few things I need to square away and then its going in the wrecker.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yessir I sure do. It's still attached. Just need to install an PTO which is on the floor in the garage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks