• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump Wire Grounded??????

jkade72

Being trying to figure out the wiring problems on my m1008 and the main wire that goes to the injector pump will smoke the terminal that it is attached to at the cover on the pump. The fast idle wire also blow the fuse when they are hooked up. Any ideas?????
Thanks In advance

jkade72

Guys see my injector pump wire thread. I have narrowed the blowing fuses to the green wires that attach to the injector pump and the pink wire smoked the termilnal it is attached to. I wasn't sure the pink wire wasn't the cause so I cut it and powered it form the hot post on the front battery which is 12V or could that have given me 24 volts, did think to see if it was putting 24v to it. The green wires though when unplugged stopped it from blowing the fuse.

CCATLETT1984

what voltage do you have at the pink wire? It should be 12volts when the key is in the "run" position.
If it is 12v you may have a shorted wire, start pulling the wires out of the loom until you find where it has rubbed/cut through insulation. Also check the main engine ground that is on the drivers side of the engine, on the rearward facing part of the block. (you can get to it from the top)

CCATLETT1984

GET THE MANUALS PLEASE!!!

You need to be sure of what you are doing before messing with the electrical systems on any vehicle, let alone a military one with odd wiring.

That pink wire should only have power with the key in the "Run" position. Its the fuel shutoff for the injector pump, with the way you have it set, you will never be able to stop the engine.

jkade72

jkade72 said:
CCATLETT1984 said:

You need to be sure of what you are doing before messing with the electrical systems on any vehicle, let alone a military one with odd wiring.

That pink wire should only have power with the key in the "Run" position. Its the fuel shutoff for the injector pump, with the way you have it set, you will never be able to stop the engine.
I belive I know more than the last guy that worked on it :lol: The fuel shutoff solenoid does not have any rubber or plastic washers under the nuts so I think it is grounding it's self out there. The fast idel (the one under the cover) is also grounded and blows the fuse when it is hooked up also. I think someone had the cover and the solenoids out and didn't put any isolaters under the terminals. Does this sound right to yall?
there shouldnt need to be any spacers/insulators added. If you look at the engine manual that you just downloaded ;) [thumbzup] it will have a exploded view of the injector pump itself.

jkade72

jkade72 said:
jkade72 said:
CCATLETT1984 said:

I belive I know more than the last guy that worked on it :lol: The fuel shutoff solenoid does not have any rubber or plastic washers under the nuts so I think it is grounding it's self out there. The fast idel (the one under the cover) is also grounded and blows the fuse when it is hooked up also. I think someone had the cover and the solenoids out and didn't put any isolaters under the terminals. Does this sound right to yall?
there shouldnt need to be any spacers/insulators added. If you look at the engine manual that you just downloaded ;) [thumbzup] it will have a exploded view of the
Injector pump itself.
Well put some plastic washers under the nuts and the problem went away and yes it does need them of it will gound out on the cover. My brother got in the truck and warmed up the glow plugs and she fired right up for probably the first time in 5 years and purrs like a kitten.
Thanks

jkade72

CCATLETT1984 said:
I'll have to look at mine when its light out to see, but i dont recall having any isolators on the ip cover at all. Glad you have the issue taken care of.
I talked to the gm dealer yesterday and he said the civilian trucks had them under theirs so I figured these should also. My brothers 1008 has them under his also and they are pretty thin and hard to see. I am glad the truck runs also since I was about to part it out :lol:
Thanks for the help guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks