• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injectors needed

AMGeneral

Unless the holes in the injector tip are screwed up or the bolt holes in the head are fouled up all you need to do is remove the broken bolt.Then install the injector with new copper gaskets at the bottom and retighten the injector hold down bridge,making sure it is level and both bolts are torqued to the proper specs.

atilathehun

thank you amgeneral for the info and all the help guys i will be fixing the last owners mess there are 2 different grades of hardware holding them and 3 different lenths of bolts with washers as shims :?: the one that blew had grade 3 the rest have grade 8 in them but they are all leaking at the base of the injector. Would enyone know the torqe spec and what grade bolts to use and i would step torqe them correct. And again thank u

atilathehun

on the top of the injector there is a t for the return line they are set up like a regular compression fitting i am asking because one of the copper gaskets is missing on the t fitting and i was wondering if this was somthing napa might have thanks for the help

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use a normal 1/4" ferrule, be sure to use a brass end tube insert also. Do not over tighten it.

zb39

I have 3 injecters out also. Do you use any sealent when putting these back in ?? It looks like i have a little on 1 of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks