• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inline Fuel Heater

sporanox

I am going to start running wmo in my m1008. Has anyone installed a fuel line heater, if so which one and could you please post pics of the setup.

Beyond Biodiesel

It sounds like you are going to try the heated, straight vegetable oil idea of burning heated waste oils in your m1008. If so, then I would not recommend it. Blending gasoline with WMO works quite well at 20%-30% gasoline. Your WMO-gasoline blend will need to be settled for 2 months, or centrifuged to avoid coking your engine up. I hope you have a turbo on that engine, because your engine will need the extra head pressure to burn the WMO and blow the coke out.

Beyond Biodiesel

Keep a spare injection pump or 2 on hand.
Good recommendation. I always have a spare IP with me at all times.
I hear both good and bad about WMO. If cutting with 20% RUG, is it still hard on the IP?
Well, if you get your DIY fuel practice down, then it will burn like diesel fuel you paid for. Adding RUG to waste oil at the correct level makes it run just like diesel fuel you paid for.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good recommendation. I always have a spare IP with me at all times.

Well, if you get your DIY fuel practice down, then it will burn like diesel fuel you paid for. Adding RUG to waste oil at the correct level makes it run just like diesel fuel you paid for.
How does running a 50/50 blend of WMO and diesel work?

Beyond Biodiesel

People who run 50/50 blends of any waste oil and diesel tend to have success in the summer, but come winter it won't work. Also, I would rather donate less money to the petroleum lobby, because they do not seem to need any more money; whereas, I never seem to have enough.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
People who run 50/50 blends of any waste oil and diesel tend to have success in the summer, but come winter it won't work. Also, I would rather donate less money to the petroleum lobby, because they do not seem to need any more money; whereas, I never seem to have enough.
I forgot the subject of the OP, I'd be using my 50/50 in a multifuel deuce.

As for the "petroleum lobby", the Government makes more off of a gallon of fuel than they do. Personally, I'd rather give it to "Big Oil", at least I can buy stocks and make a little money back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks