• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inspection/Start List for Picking up a "New" 5 Ton

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be getting a 5 ton soon, some where I saw a listing of what to do when picking up a truck, do's and don'ts as well as what to do to the truck prior to trying to start it the first time. Was it here?
Thanks,
James G.

Michael

RE: Inspection/Start List for Picking up a "New" 5

I have a 5 ton to pick up in TN soon. Am I to assume that there is nothing to add to the list for a 5 ton?

CGarbee

What sort of five ton??? Different things to look for depending on what engine/chasis/body...

One thing I can thing of off the top of my head (it's been a while since I looked at the duece pickup sticky) is that you want to check the power steering, both the fluid and the mechanical bits...

Check to make sure that winches, booms, tailgates (especially the hydraulic ones), wings on dumpbeds, etc. are all secure and pined/locked out in thier traveling positions if so equiped...

acetomatoco

Last on list, get rid of the bogus Bridge Plate numbers... as the connotation they are displaying is not proper for a "don't ask, don't tell" army. And seriously, don't forget to put the hood latches back up in their proper position when you are done pre trip checks to prevent the air hood incidents which seem to happen from time to time.. The 800 hoods are hard to find in pristine condition, Good looking truck.