• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed aux turn signals

Hey fellas.

Decided today to do a much needed upgrade to my truck.
It has always freaked me out that there is no way of telling if the Deuce turn signals are on if you are beside the truck. (A common problem with big trucks as you know). In the MV world we install lollipops on the fron fenders, but these kits are becoming increasingly difficult to find.
Last August I attended the 2011 Barrington NH Old Truck Meet. While I was there I picked up a neat pair of lollipop style signals with amber and red filters ($5.00 each!). They had 6v bulbs in them so I ran to NAPA and grabbed a pair of 24v lamps.

Today I mounted them on the forward support rail of the bed. They are visible from the front and sides of the truck. I like this setup because it was easy to install and is very practical and safe. Does not interfere with the sides when dropped. They also look great and seem as if they belong on the truck. The lights are also self-grounding so only one wire is required for each side. They are single element units so they blink for turn signal and hazard but remain off for marker and parking lights.

My total cost was $22.00 I am sure simmilar lights can be found easily at heavy truck / tractor supply stores as well as many salvage yards.

A great idea for yours and the safety of others who share the road with your MV. 2cents

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. FYI, Saturn Surplus has the lollipop lights with bracket for $12.50 ea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks