• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed KloppK Voltage regulator in 804A Genset. Still no AC Voltage.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kurt here....

Brett, for starters do the following.

1) With the set running measure the AC voltage at the convenience outlet while momentarily putting S1 in in the START position.
The voltage should be about 120 volts AC. What AC voltage do you measure?

2) With the set running measure the DC voltage across the Voltage Regulator terminals 1 & 3 while momentarily putting S1 in in the START position.
The voltage should be about 11 volts DC. What DC voltage do you measure?

Last edited:

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yarp. I work in Lenexa, KS.
Ok, I used to live in Blue Springs many moons ago. My buddy Bob McKenzie who owned international motors in Blue Springs lived out there in Oak Grove. I am in Basehor west of the legends / racetrack.
I can come out to Oak Groove next weekend in the case you get stuck.
Peter

WillettRun

Ok, I used to live in Blue Springs many moons ago. My buddy Bob McKenzie who owned international motors in Blue Springs lived out there in Oak Grove. I am in Basehor west of the legends / racetrack.
I can come out to Oak Groove next weekend in the case you get stuck.
Peter
Many thanks, I greatly appreciate it,

WillettRun

Kurt here....

Brett, for starters do the following.

1) With the set running measure the AC voltage at the convenience outlet while momentarily putting S1 in in the START position.
The voltage should be about 120 volts AC. What AC voltage do you measure?

2) With the set running measure the DC voltage across the Voltage Regulator terminals 1 & 3 while momentarily putting S1 in in the START position.
The voltage should be about 11 volts DC. What DC voltage do you measure?

1. 120VAC

2. 11VDC

It should be noted that with s1 in start, the gen produces voltage.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are good readings. They indicate the generator is flashing properly and the static exciter, rotating diodes and stator appear to be all operating properly.
I'd suggest double checking the connections to K5, M7 and K15. Most likely the error is the wire labeled M7-I is connected to M7-S. The "S" and "I" are embossed in the plastic housing by the terminals.

WillettRun

That wire wants 24 volts DC on it when the set is running. The I terminal on those gauges all get 24 volts supplied to them.
Excellent, thank you! I have power. I can finally finish welding up the bison pen!

Now, to the next question. I only seem to be able to sweep 43-52 hz in terms of frequency, with the select switch in 60hz. What should I check for there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks