• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance for my SEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

I remember discussing insurance awhile back for a SEE but can not find the thread. My SEE is registered as construction equipment in NH, I could have gotten applied for a title and normal plates but decided to go construction equipment as there is no yearly state inspection required for construction equipment. I contacted my State Farm rep and asked what I needed for non commercial liability insurance to drive my SEE on the road. The rep looked it up and I need no additional insurance as it is covered by my homeowners insurance as a tractor. This coverage does not cover collision or comprehensive so if I wreck it, I eat the cost to fix it or total it, but if there is damage to somebody or something its covered by homeowners. For other reasons I also carry excess liability insurance on my homeowners which is fairly cheap (around $80 for an extra I million).

I don't plan to drive it on the road very often but do plan to occasionally drive locally to a couple of sites.

I expect this varies state by state and insurance company to insurance company but this is how I am planning to approach it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to check the stickies at the top of each forum about starting insurance threads. I'm pretty sure the mods are going to be in here quick to lock this one.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, insurance discussions are not allowed. It is listed in stickies and in the Forum rules

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks