• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance of a m35a2 in Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's for personal use State Farm will do it cheap without restrictions. If you want to go the antique route: Haggerty, Gulfway, and a slooth of others are available but mind the requirements and restrictions. Each has been covered in great detail on the site. Happy hunting!

billwhip

make sure and register it as a FMV and you gotta push State Farm and make sure they get it right the first time – print out section 504.502 of the Texas Transportation Code and section 1951.003 from the insurance code to give to them – most likely no one at your agent’s office will know about it...

my deuce was registered and insured as a pickup and they charged me ~$550/year - this last November when I bought the M932A2 I registered it as FMV and switched the deuce then too, but State Farm is dragging their feet with the change and still trying to charge ~$550 – luckily my agent clued in and so the fight is sorta on auto-pilot… btw - I pay under $100/year for my 5ton - at first they wanted ~$1350/year...

rbrown4807

Progressive also gave me the thumbs down. I found the company list below at $152 a year
Gulfway Insures of
Hudson Inc
12701 US Highway 19
Bayonet Point Fl 34667
1-800-238-6225

uriss

just switched the progessive insurance from my PD4104 1958 model "rv" to my deuce "rv" they even lowered it to under $40.00 a month with full coverage valued at 8K. Took me three different Progressive agents before one swapped it over.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in Keller, Tx and own an M1009, M1028A2, an MKT75A and an MEP003 on a M114 trailer and insure of them them through Gulfway, all for about $450 a year (insured value of the four vehicles is $15k). After three vehicles, they start giving ME a discount on all the insured vehicles.

All vehicles are registered FMV. And if you get someone in your DMV office that says either "you can't register a MV that way' OR tells you 'that you MUST use the last six digits of the serial number', thank them for their time and find ANOTHER DMV to register it at. The first two DMV's I went to told me that. The THIRD ONE let me register with the bumper numbers that I wanted.

You need to figure out what SIX DIGITS (alpha/numeric)you want to use , PAINT THEM ON your truck front and rear and take pictures of them to take WITH YOU with the FMV form filled out when you go to the DMV office.

There are a LOT of people that work for the DMV (even IN AUSTIN) that do NOT have a clue about this type of registration so a little patience and knowing that YOU CAN DO THIS and being polite but firm and you will walk away for $10 a year ($50 starting this year for five years) and you don't have to have it inspected.

View attachment 403925View attachment 403926View attachment 403927View attachment 403928

read USAFSS-COLDWARRIOR's thread. It will give you insight.

AND CONGRATS ON THE TRUCK! Welcome to the green iron disease.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks