• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

interested in this any help

livehistory_alnc

I am in the deep south and I have the opportunity to purchase this sweet looking jeep. I am new to the military vehicle market but I believe this is something I an very interested in getting into. I am a little bit of a car/motorcycle buff. I was wanting to get this and restore it. It runs but the engine could be tuned up. But anyway at first the guy stated it was a 1941 Willy's jeep but now he is saying 46-50 Willy's jeep. I was just wondering if there was anyway in particular I could find out and see if this was a military issued vehicle. Here is some pictures of the vehicle I am trying to get. Any suggestions would be grealty appreciated.

KsM715

Not sure about the rest of the body but the grill is not from anything around '41. Ask the seller if he has pics of any data plates on the dash.

jeeplvr247

It looks like a CJ3a to me. It is not in great shape. Down there in the south you should be able to find something with a much nicer body pretty cheap.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a Postwar CJ2A from 1947 ish. It has the wrong engine. It is not military. Welcome to the site. No more than 900 bucks for that.

robert c neth

Banned
it looks like a post war cj2a ,has a later model overhead valve engine in it and i dont see anything military on it.unless its cheap and comes with a title i would look for something a little better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks