• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting find

Action Man

I saw this pop up on an auction website. I didn't even know the military had any of these left...Looks like it's in decent shape as far as the body and paint goes though.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have been popping up piecemeal for many years. I'm sure there are many left in the cracks. Thanks for the hint, I like M887s.

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can control myself and not buy that truck,

Now if it was a M888............................:cookoo:

Action Man

I know where it's at......I know where it's at....I know where it's at..............:mrgreen:
I'd imagine it's not too hard to find. ;p

They have been popping up piecemeal for many years. I'm sure there are many left in the cracks. Thanks for the hint, I like M887s.
No problem! I tend to lurk auction sites and I thought this was unusual enough. Figured at least someone would be interested.

Now if it was a M888............................:cookoo:
The dodge's aren't my favorite, but I know what you mean. I'm the same way looking at M1009's. I'm probably going to be picking one up in the next couple months.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
One sat at Forest Park DRMO (Scrap Metal) for many, many years. I checked it out and it was full of mice and smelled like it.

One of three vehicles that I felt like I needed a shower as soon as I touched it.

Somebody maybe is going to get a neat contact truck. It doesn't seem as if it's been abused or bashed during its long service. It seems to have been parked where it is now for some time however as the vegitation is climbing the tires.

Action Man

Somebody maybe is going to get a neat contact truck. It doesn't seem as if it's been abused or bashed during its long service. It seems to have been parked where it is now for some time however as the vegitation is climbing the tires.
Yeah, it looks pretty solid aside from the plants growing on it. Hope it goes to someone who'll take care of it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks