• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting issue!?!?!?

Ggping

So today I installed my Kenwood TK-7150 2 way for comms in my M1008 I’m with the local fire department and I volunteered to install comms. Has its own fuse block ran straight to the battery with a 12v switch and high amp relay. Radio turns on no issues there, however when I transmitted an odd buzz was heard somewhere under the truck. Pushed it a few time trying to see what the heck was buzzing. After about the fifth time, something popped under the dash and now my wait to start lamp no longer turns on. Very odd being it has its own power supply and not tied to anything in the truck other than battery. Anyone have an idea on what the heck happened?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guessing radio feedback from the alternators with a touch of a bad ground. Could need one of the interference filters on the power side.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Ggping

The buzzing was not coming from the radio it was coming from somewhere under the truck or even maybe the engine compartment and then something popped and now my way to start light does not come on Checked bulb that is good. I run a manual glow plug button, so I’m not sure it really matters. Just wanna make sure my truck doesn’t catch fire for some odd reason when I transmit.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah it's probably coming from a bad body ground that back fed through the glow plug card. The ground at the passenger rear intake bolt to the cab is all it has unless you added some. The buzz could have been the gp relay.

Ggping

Yeah it's probably coming from a bad body ground that back fed through the glow plug card. The ground at the passenger rear intake bolt to the cab is all it has unless you added some. The buzz could have been the gp relay.

Ya I have not added any grounds. Probably should add a few lol…ok I will see if the manual glow plug button still work when it cools down. Thank you I will look into the relay and see

Ggping

I pulled my glow plug card. I dunno look ok but who knows. Curious though, I’m wondering if something in the ignition switch burnt since that supplies power to the glow plug card. I think that’s how it works I dunno.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is odd. I don't think this is something you can let go. Sounds like you may have blown a fused link. And it does sound like a ground issue. I think your going to have issuses until you track this down but I don't know where you should start other than checking all the fused links and fuses. Good luck. Keep us posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks