• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting problem I found...

mangus580

So I figured it was time to change my fuel filter today, as I had yet to do it since I bought it, and was unsure if Brian had changed it (jump in here Brian and let me know). I figured that it would be a pretty quick thing to do, so I didnt really plan much time for it. Pop the bails, and pull the old filter off, and slap the new one on. That was easy.... crack the bleeder, and go crank the starter (with the pink wire off of course). Now, I should mention, the starter has been acting strange the last couple of weeks... as if its not always getting enough juice. I hit the starter once, and it did its strange 'bit' of a slow crank, and then took off. Now this time, I heard some electrical arcing. I had my brother helping watch for fuel, and he started looking down at the starter. Hit the key again, and I hear the arcing again. He actually sees sparks from down by the starter, but needed a better look. 3rd hit of the key, NOTHING!!! :banghead: So I climb underneath, and start poking around. I find the starter wire (main cable) and give it a little tug. FIREWORKS!!! :banghead: I unhooked the batteries, and climbe back down there again and give it another gentle tug.... now I have the end of the cable in my hand!!! I had to drop the starter (dang they are heavy). It seems the nut holding the cable on was GONE!!! I had to run a die down the threads of the solenoid stud and clean it up. Really strange thing is someone at one point 'slotted' the end of the battery cable to allow for not removing the nut from the stud. I got everything cleaned up, and put back together... now my strange starter problem is gone! :jumpin: Good thing too, as I was afraid I would have to buy a new starter soon....

mangus580

Oh yeah... got the new filter in, and it doesnt really seem any different. I guess the one that was in it was pretty new. If it hadnt been for my starter problem, the filter project would have taken less than 5 minutes. I guess now its time to try turning up the pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks