• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior and engine colors

sgtrisk

Slowly working on cleaning up and painting the M109A3. I'm a little confused about what color to use for the interior of the cab. I'm going with the 3-color camo scheme, which is what is currently on the truck (just barely! It's horribly faded and was applied poorly years ago!).

Anyway, I sprayed a portion of the door with semi-gloss olive drab (FS 24087). It's not even a little bit close to the green originally(?) used on the truck. Perhaps it's FS24052 semi-gloss Marine Corp Forest Green?

Any recommendations welcome!!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Brad,
The interior (and exterior) of your truck was originally FS595B 24084 (aka FS595A 24087) - leaving out the first part (which FS series you are referring to) is a lot like saying "I'd like a 20 inch tire" - you're only giving a hint. There is a long-winded discussion about all this as a sticky in the deuce forum.

However, neither of the colors above were incorporated in the four color MERDC scheme on the outside of the truck in your avatar. And, you are talking about going to a three color scheme - which didn't exist when the truck was new.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

sgtrisk

David,
Thanks for your info. I just read the thread you mentioned. I wish I would have read that earlier! (Silly me!)
They must have repainted the entire truck at some point (although I don't see any evidence of that), as I can't see any indication of the OD green anywhere. Of course, it may just be very old.

I'm not too concerned with keeping everything "original" on this truck. I'm more concerned with functional. But I don't want to depart too far from what would have been correct for the vehicle at some point in it's career (hence the 3-color scheme). With that said, though, I could still be persuaded to go with the 4-color MERDC(?) scheme. I've got two gallons of RAPCO 383 Green, though, that I'll need to spray somewhere!

jasonjc

The truck in the littel pic looks more like an old old faded 3 color nato more than it does a 4 color MERDC. But thats just me.

Green_gator

Brad,
My 109 is in the solid 383 green paint scheme and the interior of the cab is the same. From what I can see my truck's paint scheme went OD Semi gloss, flat green, sand, solid 383 green. I can not tell if the first flat green is four color or three color or solid green as I have not removed enough paint to tell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks