• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior color of Suburban

Crash_AF

I'm building a CUCV clone Suburban and was wondering if I could solicit some opinions about which interior color to go with.

The truck was originally grey with grey interior. I am painting all metal components in the interior with 383 green, but I'm trying to decide what to do for the 'soft' components.

I am considering going with either a tan or grey interior with the woodland camouflage since the original CUCV bronze (burgundy) interior color is so difficult to find. I am planning to coat the floor with either black or tan Durabak, depending on which color I'm going with.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, I would love to biuld just what you are doing. One day the right burb will show up and I will. My plans, no matter how distant, would be to do everything in canvas. I was at the 2nd annual 4 Wheel and Off Road Jamboree in Indy a great number of years ago and GM had an R&D excecise there. It was a blazer done up military with all canvas and I fell in love. One day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

86M10086.2L

Thats funny, every CUCV I ever saw from Alfa always had the burgandy interior. That being said I don't look them up all the time. I would agree that black looks much better. Being as you truck is a "never was" you have some fudge room. So I vote for black. If I ever re-upolster mine I'll probably go black.

Crash_AF

I'm not a big fan of black... too hot in the summer. I'm personally leaning towards the tan... Canvas is an option if I can find someone to do the upholstery work on the front buckets and middle seat.

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

I agree on the black being too hot in the summer. My friend's '73 Javelin is all black interior and oy, nothing like steaming hot black vinyl on the back of your knees when you first sit in it during July. :eek:

N1265

If you ruled out black, then go with tan, at least it is a color you would find in the woods and will go better for your project than gray..... Gray will sitck out like a sore thumb.

Mike_Pop

Rick Thiers converted his suburban and kept the burgundy interior. He also added canvas on the door panels and seat backs. He did an amazing job with the truck. I'll email him and see if I can get some interior photos.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Totally concur that black is WAY, WAY TOO HOT even on a moderate day. Wouldn't want to sit on that in shorts---OUCH. Even the burgandy can be quite uncomfortable on summer days. I would go tan or do it in burgandy and put canvas tan seat covers on the seats. I got tan seat covers from Cabellas for mine. They work great and were only around 25 a seat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks