• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP failure mode No 2

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed the hydraulic head on the lds465-2 engine IP this morning. As I was pulling it out parts started to fall off, the return spring had broken....
This explains why the fuel plunger wasn't returning. I have replacement parts on hand and will try to put it all back together later today.

So, I have two multifuel engines and have had two different failures of the hydraulic head, the first one was caused by microscopic rust flakes that made it past the filters and scored the plunger and finally jammed it.

One disturbing fact of today's discovery is that I can only find one spring retaining clip, two are needed to hold the spring in place.....I have used magnets and even flushed the governor housing in attempts to find the bugger. It's not on the ground, which I had covered with cardboard prior to the "operation" just in case I did drop something.

rizzo

cranetruck said:
It's not on the ground, which I had covered with cardboard prior to the "operation" just in case I did drop something.
smarty

"old age and experience will overcome youth and skill"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks