• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP timing questions

helomedic1171

true. time to put away the champagne, I have another issue. I'm going to do some searching first, and if I can't find a reasonable solution, I'll be posting a new thread on it.

after I let it run earlier in the day for about 20-30 minutes, I shut it down and left it alone. later, I came back out after dark, and the only thing that changed was that it was colder out. I used the preheat, and tried to crank. it cranks, but won't start and run. I get black smoke out of 3-4 exhaust pipe, nothing but maybe the faintest smoke out of 1-2, and when i put my hands in front of both pipes, I get the same amount of pressure despite the difference in smoke output. strange. but I'm going to keep looking for answers.

But, it ran, and ran well - so that's HUGE. and I'm still happy about that part.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The tappet looks like the bottom of a flat-tappet lifter in a gasoline engine, the button is the little piece inside, on top of the spring retainer that has it's own small lock ring that hold it on top of the retainer. it has a small number punched on the side like "1" or "12".

That's really informative - it was in fact the plunger guide/oldham drive that broke. makes me happy that the pump isn't totally FUBAR. anyone know where to get a new one besides calling AMBAC?

And the button is in the pump, where it's supposed to be on the bottom of the lower spring guide. the control unit does turn 360 degrees now that I've freed up the metering sleeve. I really think everything is in order now and the pump should work as it's supposed to. I'm going to go out and retry the flow timing one more time and see what happens. But seriously, the only thing I could see wrong was that the control unit/lever seemed to stick, which meant the metering sleeve wasn't functioning properly inside as a result. we'll see what happens shortly.

LuckyDog, thanks for the diagrams, I saved them all for future reference.

details to follow....
I have a TON of IPs for these motors. You got a pic of what you need?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks