• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL Is Hagerty schizophrenic?

338ken

I hear that a lot but I'd sure like to see it quoted from an actual policy from Hagerty.

I could be wrong but mine says:

Antique vehicle" means a motor vehicle 25 years or more of age that:

1. Is maintained primarily for use in car club activities, exhibitions, parades, other functions of public interest or for a private collection; and

2. Is used only infrequently for other purposes.

It seems to me that the other purposes line covers using the vehicle for what it was built for and frequency is totally subjective. They may say once a year is frequent but I would say frequent is daily. Same for trailer towing. Lot of mentions of a trailer but I can't figuer out where it says I can NEVER tow one.
Well I threw mine away but if you read the acceptable uses above you cannot really use it for anything.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I threw mine away but if you read the acceptable uses above you cannot really use it for anything.
Ironicly Hagerty is based in Michigan , but don't like insuring vehicles here , but their rules pretty much follow what Michigan allows for antique or historic plates . Pretty much no home depot or trips to get or dirt .

1704511280189.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks