• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the fluidampr balancer worth the $?

Finnegan1008

I have been having a heck of a time getting a new damper for my truck. I tried all of the parts stores in my area and all options are out of stock. Autozone showed a pioneer brand balancer in stock which is made overseas. I ordered it and the manufacturer never shipped because they said out of stock.

I know I can get an adaptor and run a 6.5 style but I’m unsure of which version will bolt up to the stock crank pulley.

thinking about biting the bullet and going with the much more expensive fluidamper. Has anyone seen a benefit from going this rout? Or should I keep searching for a stock type replacement?

Last edited:

rdc0000

Pioneer is made in AU. Try rockauto dot com that is where I bought mine. I had to setup an alert to notify me when it was in stock. Don't delay after the notification.

Finnegan1008

Pioneer is made in AU. Try rockauto dot com that is where I bought mine. I had to setup an alert to notify me when it was in stock. Don't delay after the notification.
My balancer is visibly wobbling I don’t want to drive the truck like that out of concern for doing serious damage. I really don’t want to wait for something to be in stock. I’m probably going to end up going with the fluidampr simply because it’s available. Hoping to get some bonus performance as a result.

rdc0000

The fuidampr has been discussed quite a bit on this site, use search. I went to Rockauto and the Dayco is in stock. It is what I bought and is the same dampener as the powerbond with the same part number.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a fluid damper. Works good but can’t say whether it’s worth the extra coin for it. But if you can’t get the 1 remaining normal (and normally priced) balancer left on rock auto then I’d say go that route.

Finnegan1008

I installed a fluid damper. Works good but can’t say whether it’s worth the extra coin for it. But if you can’t get the 1 remaining normal (and normally priced) balancer left on rock auto then I’d say go that route.
I have a fluidampr on the way, the part stores in my area show them in stock and when they try to ship from the manufacturer the order gets canceled a week later. After two attempts I need to do the sure thing to get the truck on the road in a reasonable amount of time.

87cr250r

The only difference between the 6.5 and 6.2 damper is the length of the shaft. You can use the 6.5 damper on your 6.2 and it will work with your pulley provided you get the spacer.

You can order the 6.5 fluidamper and spacer together from fluidamper. Dayco also sells a premium damper that is made in Australia. It comes with the spacer so you can use it on either engine. That one is available on RockAuto. Just order it for the 6.5.

1x1_Speed_Craig

I just had a local mechanic install a new Fluidampr, along with front crank seal and NOS water pump/crank pulleys on my M1008. Like you, my balancer/crank pulley had a wobble. Hopefully it was worth the $$$, and also helps correct some of the belt issues I was having (early indications look good).

Finnegan1008

I just had a local mechanic install a new Fluidampr, along with front crank seal and NOS water pump/crank pulleys on my M1008. Like you, my balancer/crank pulley had a wobble. Hopefully it was worth the $$$, and also helps correct some of the belt issues I was having (early indications look good).
Mine definitely smoothed the truck out a bit and added peace of mind. I wouldn’t say it was an amazing transformation but it hopefully increased reliability.

My belt issues were solved by going with the correct belts mentioned on this site and swapping a tweaked alternator pulley out.

My engine was transplanted from another truck and I think some pulleys got tweaked in the process

I wish I did my water pump while the balancer was off. I have since found out that literally every accessory on the engine was making noise. With literally everything making a racket that you could hear from 50 ft away it was difficult to know the water pump had issues at the time.

Now that I did both generators and the power steering pump I can hear a slight bearing noise from the water pump. So that’s next on the hit list after I reseal the oil pan, trans and transfer case

having fun!!o_Oo_O

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks