• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is there a difference in injectors

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There are single hole inj and 2 hole inj. The LDS trouble shooting TM can tell you what pop pressures you should have and how to adjust them.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i think they pop around 3050-3300... have to check the manual to be sure. i had a couple bad injectors in my truck and i swapped in some take out ones.... it definately runs smoother than before. now if i could figure out why it idles at 800 rpm pointing down hill and only 650 when it is pointing up hill, i would be happy:mad:

hdmax

All the 465's have the same specs However there are, or at one time were different sizes that worked with the multi-fuel engine.
The size that are standard are called N-50, When stationed at Ft. Leonard wood I had the great privilege to meet and become real good friends with a retired Chief Warrant Officer That had sent 33 years in the Army first going from Private to Sargent Major, then up to Chief Warrant Officer 4,
He hooked me up with N-80 injectors, we turned up the fuel, and removed the Governor, the truck would run 70+ on 900's with little problem.
I did this to a truck I had in Germany and would go up some of the mountain roads in 3rd gear when everyone else had to reach down to first to climb.

Not sure if the N-50's can be found now or not, or where to even look.
there are/were different injectors that worked for the Multi-fuel engine.
Not sure I would run bigger injectors on a truck I have to depend on getting to home at the end of the day though!

Last edited:

G-Force

All the 465's have the same specs However there are, or at one time were different sizes that worked with the multi-fuel engine.
The size that are standard are called N-50, When stationed at Ft. Leonard wood I had the great privilege to meet and become real good friends with a retired Chief Warrant Officer That had sent 33 years in the Army first going from Private to Sargent Major, then up to Chief Warrant Officer 4,
He hooked me up with N-80 injectors, we turned up the fuel, and removed the Governor, the truck would run 70+ on 900's with little problem.
I did this to a truck I had in Germany and would go up some of the mountain roads in 3rd gear when everyone else had to reach down to first to climb.

Not sure if the N-50's can be found now or not, or where to even look.
there are/were different injectors that worked for the Multi-fuel engine.
Not sure I would run bigger injectors on a truck I have to depend on getting to home at the end of the day though!

Aren't those injector numbers for Detroit Diesels????

sandcobra164

By those claims, you'd be turning roughly 32/3300 rpm's to go an even 70 MPH in a Deuce. I've read of issues of running them a constant 2600 rpm. Who is right? I've limited myself to 45 to 50 MPH to try and keep this old thing from spitting a rod out the side. My old motor chief told me that they love to run against the governor, as in Wide Freaking Open!! Maybe one day we'll have the end all be all answer and some new rod stud upgrades or whatever. I'm comfortable running 45 for now since it'd come out of my pocket if I blew it up. I've done many miles in a Guard owned Deuce at 55 MPH though and never blew one of those up either.

Westech

CPL
I installed a LDS pump in my first deuce years ago and cranked the fuel. I would run that at WOT (2900) all the time on the highway. The engine is still running strong whit no problems.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone measuring exh temps on these multi-fuels? At least T/c our temps? What are folks figuring as max temp?

tm america

multis are made to run on the gov all day everyday.. thats why they have a gov.....The problem is when you ride the gov and go down hill this is when over revving can happen.BUt 2650 is safe rpm . If you blow it up at that speed you had something else wrong with it to begin with.