• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a screw in block heater for the 6CTA 8.3 or just the freeze plug type?

SUPERSPORT

I keep seeing these screw in frost plug heaters under m35 threads. Looks easier than freeze plug type. Do they make them for the 6CTA 8.3?

If not anyone know best deal on freeze plug type?

dk8019

I would have to imagine there is. The smaller Cummins engines have a port for them, but everything I seem to find is the freeze plug concept.

74M35A2

You may be able to use a thread in type. I'll look later on mine, but those type usually thread into the oil cooler casting by the oil filter.

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First post......I have money down on a M931A2 tractor.....So they don't have a block heater?.......I have other diesels....

Last edited:

74M35A2

Don’t be scared of the freeze plug type. Super easy to get to on the 8.3, you don’t have to remove anything, and the new one seals up with an O ring and ratchet. You can knock the plug out with an extension and a hammer in one swift hit. And easily reversible if you need to drive a new one back in with sealant on it if you ever needed to. Just FYI. They are not sacred in the least.

wiersema07

Don’t be scared of the freeze plug type. Super easy to get to on the 8.3, you don’t have to remove anything, and the new one seals up with an O ring and ratchet. You can knock the plug out with an extension and a hammer in one swift hit. And easily reversible if you need to drive a new one back in with sealant on it if you ever needed to. Just FYI. They are not sacred in the least.
is there a video out there how to install it and where it goes ? Having trouble finding a how to. I installed on on my 85 m923 and had to drain the coolant system to put in the block. And we don’t have to do that on the 8.3. ? This is my first 8.3 turbo engine

74M35A2

You will have to drain the coolant no matter which type you use. No videos I know of. I’ll look for the post I did on it later on today a long time back, I included pics and a description.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks