• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is this a np203 and what are these locking hubs

Elwenil

Nothing wrong with a NP203 if you like full time 4WD. Of course that looks to have had a Milemarker part time conversion done on it so it's now part time 4WD. The NP203 is almost as strong as a NP205 and will give long service as long as someone doesn't put something other than the SAE 30 motor oil in it that is supposed to be in it. Many people mistake them for NP205s and put gear oil in them.

w200/m880

thanks for the answers,book recommends sae 10/30 for trans case,do you concur ?

what makes you think its been converted?

one of the turning bits for locking hubs is trying to fall out which is main reason for enquiry,should i repair or replace it with standard full time hubs and will they still work with milemarker conversion if fitted.

Elwenil

The M880 and all '75-'79 Dodge trucks are fulltime 4WD and have no locking hubs on the front axle, just a nut retaining the stub shaft. The fact that yours has Milemarker Selectro hubs on it would lead me to believe that is has had a Milemarker part time conversion done on it. It's highly unlikely that someone would do the conversion on the axle without converting the transfer case also as unlocking the front axle or similarly disabling it (like removing the front driveshaft) will damage the transfer case as it will no longer move in the normal high and low shifter positions but has to be placed in the Loc positions which wears the differential lock pins in the NP203 transfer case. As far as I am aware, all the parts used in the part time conversion, including the hubs and other internal hub parts, are unique to the conversion kit.

Elwenil

Most likely not as I would say it probably has the part time conversion done on it also. It was usually sold as a complete kit to add locking hubs to the front axle and convert the transfer case to part time 4WD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks