• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this really necessary?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I said it before and I'll say it again, SteelSoldiers has become Government Liquidation's product support. It is only a matter of time before SteelSoldiers either becomes Government Soldiers or Steel Liquidation. Can't guys simply call GL when they have EUC questions, questions about the SF-97, or other GL-related questions? Doesn't GL already have an online help function (http://www.govliquidation.com/help/index.html)? Heck, they have "Live operators standing by" according to their site. I suppose it is not hurting anything by having this, but is this really necessary?

area52

It might be a good idea if the GL rep provided some answers. She hasn't been on here in a week.

It sounds good in theory but if all we get is the same answers as the people answering the phones, then no this is not a good idea.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah, I've had a pm in my out box for her for a couple of days.......

Plus 1 on the GL answers also. GL seems to have been beatin up pretty good, because now they have scripted replys to most all EUC and SF97 questions, which don't really tell you anything.....

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is an experiment, we'll see how it goes. Something have already worked out for the best since this started, the $60 fee for SF-97's got wavied untril the backlog is gone. Also, it have "opened the eyes" of the GL rep to things that we knew were going on, but they (at GL HQ) didnt.

Like I said before, it cant hurt, and we'll see what happens.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm glad to see these areas as every week we get different people post the same questions. I now know what to read and what to avoid.

mangus580

This was part of the advertising contract, was to have a GL Rep participate in specified sections of the site to help with the mundane question. I am hoping we will also get some answers, as well as resolve some issues that we have. I see this as a benefit to the hobby, and hopefully make transactions with GL go smoother in the future.

This was not intended to REPLACE GL's normal customer service. Its more of a place to get off the wall, more collector oriented answers. Remember, GL sells a LOT more than just vehicles....

FreightTrain

Banned
well,if a GL rep would participate......that have had her somewhere else for a week and she disapeared for a LONG stretch of time before this place was created....as for the second part....GL has Customer Service?Where?

And for the SF fees....yea,they did give them away saying it would speed up the proccess.....well.It ain't.

USMilitarySurplus

Initially, I signed up on Steel Soldiers to place trucks in the for sale section, since it's a perfect fit. The SS staff suggested that we create a collaboration. It was very forward thinking on their part and I'm happy to be here but I have to intersperse my participation with my other tasks. Plus, I would rather track down the info that's being requested prior to posting. And come on, guys, I was only out sick for a few days. If you want someone from GL to participate, then I suggest a little common courtesy.

Melvinitis

Robyn has been doing a lot of PM follow ups. You might not see it in the postings, but she is doing follow up. I see this as a good thing. I have also noticed a big improvement in the way their local staff has been responding to calls. I think things are being sent up, I think they are getting the message.

If we are going to slam somone, lets let them defend themselves or at least learn from our preceived mistakes being made by them and their staff.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Melvinitis said:
Robyn has been doing a lot of PM follow ups. You might not see it in the postings, but she is doing follow up. I see this as a good thing. I have also noticed a big improvement in the way their local staff has been responding to calls. I think things are being sent up, I think they are getting the message.

If we are going to slam somone, lets let them defend themselves or at least learn from our preceived mistakes being made by them and their staff.
I've had a PM to her in my outbox since the 20th of March. Still there as of this moment...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Initially, I signed up on Steel Soldiers to place trucks in the for sale section, since it's a perfect fit. The SS staff suggested that we create a collaboration. It was very forward thinking on their part and I'm happy to be here but I have to intersperse my participation with my other tasks. Plus, I would rather track down the info that's being requested prior to posting. And come on, guys, I was only out sick for a few days. If you want someone from GL to participate, then I suggest a little common courtesy.

Cut the lady some slack, she's been sick.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can say that Robyn has been responsive to me. I appreciate her willingness to participate on this list. Most of us have had complaints about GL service and I, for one, believe that her participation is improving the service that we receive! Robyn: By the way, Justin and Mike (and Amanda) at Mechanicsburg and Letterkenny are awesome to work with...just thought I'd let you know about some great GL employees. I also particularly like dealing with Walt at Ft. Meade, but not many trucks come through Ft. Meade these days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks