• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this the right oil filter for a M38A1

jeeplvr247

It looks pretty much the same as a civilian filter to me but the guy on one of the parts websites insisted that there is a difference. Does anybody know what the difference is?

jeeplvr247

Also what is the difference between the canister type filters like shown above and the cuno type filters. Are specific years supposed to have different filters? Will either one fit on my jeep which is a 52?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Civy Jeep is smaller dia. Your year actually should have the Cuno. I would not want a Cuno. The concept died.

JGBallew

Also what is the difference between the canister type filters like shown above and the cuno type filters. Are specific years supposed to have different filters? Will either one fit on my jeep which is a 52?
the Cuno was a filter element with a knife edge scraper IIRC. Turning the T-handle on the top of the housing would rotate the element against the knife edge and scrape the crud off, where it'd fall to the bottom of the housing.

You still would have to replace the elements eventually though, and the Fram style Mil Jr's seem to be a lot more common.

JGBallew

I have looked a few other places and the paper element style filter seems to be much more desirable, they are hard to find though.
Really? I'm using the Wix 51100, and have very little problem keeping them on the shelf. The local store I use always has a case of them, seems they were used on more than just military vehicles.

Most chain stores should be able to order you a half dozen or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks