• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Israeli M113A2’s

DoctorCheney223

Im trying to get this sub forum going again with some more posts.

I imported a large lot of Israeli M113A2’s after a three-year back and forth with the State Department. It involved lawyers and other individuals who went and hand-delivered responses, letters and other pertinent information. It was not an easy or inexpensive “experience” but after almost three years it was mission accomplished.

We had to get permission from the IDF to get one of my guys on the base in order to preview, inspect and pick out our units. Once we picked them out we had to record serial numbers and provide them to State and BATF.

Here is a sample of one that my friend Chris Hughes photographed two weeks ago and they were all fairly good shape. Track bushings were pretty worn and the fuel was mostly sludge but they ran.

One of the biggest lessons of importing was learned and it was NOT cheap. The USDA ordered them to be fumigated and it added an additional price tag of $50,000 to my overall purchase. I’ll post more pics shortly.5512D1AD-5709-4A3A-97E8-0ECE9C984BDA.jpeg

4691FFB8-2994-478F-91B5-4AADC39C2A59.jpeg

E1E1C88C-D8F6-4183-980A-51EE865DA1E8.jpeg
8CB29C7C-D790-409D-99D9-73B692232B8A.jpeg

EB44AA6E-64B7-4DA6-80E6-56C7D7C05956.jpeg

snakeyes

Im trying to get this sub forum going again with some more posts.

I imported a large lot of Israeli M113A2’s after a three-year back and forth with the State Department. It involved lawyers and other individuals who went and hand-delivered responses, letters and other pertinent information. It was not an easy or inexpensive “experience” but after almost three years it was mission accomplished.

We had to get permission from the IDF to get one of my guys on the base in order to preview, inspect and pick out our units. Once we picked them out we had to record serial numbers and provide them to State and BATF.

Here is a sample of one that my friend Chris Hughes photographed two weeks ago and they were all fairly good shape. Track bushings were pretty worn and the fuel was mostly sludge but they ran.

One of the biggest lessons of importing was learned and it was NOT cheap. The USDA ordered them to be fumigated and it added an additional price tag of $50,000 to my overall purchase. I’ll post more pics shortly.View attachment 871209

View attachment 871210

View attachment 871211
View attachment 871212

View attachment 871213
very nice thanks for sharing

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ron, if you don't mind me asking. What was the total number of units you imported? I know from FB there were several.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks