• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Isringhausen seats

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He might have more, I'll ask. But they would be nearly 3000 miles away.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Install?

1. Remove old seats.
2. Position new seats. (I installed the drivers side up as far as I could an still open the master cylinder door)
3. Mark and drill four holes per seat.
4. Install grade 8 hardware.
5. Install seat belts from old seats.
6. Adjust to comfort.

I was a little worried about just drilling through the floor, but on each side I was able to hit a couple spots that had more material because of a brace or something underneath.

If you wanted to do a super clean install you could use a couple springer bases or sheet steel to hit the factory seat bolt holes and weld the seats to that.

Attached is a pic of a sticker that that was on an arm rest.

Attachments

crazywelder72

Looks awesome. How much were they. Has anyone ever installed a 40-20-40 bench seat with a air adjustable base? I would love to have something that keeps the capability for both kids to be in.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The seat belt should have a short tie in with the rear of the cab. I wouldn't worry too much about the base.

quickfarms

on air ride seats the seat belts are bolted to the seat with a short tether that goes to a reinforced point in the floor. The legnth of the tether is such that it allows full movement of the seat but will secure you in the event the base brakes. When I was much younger the truck I was driving was hit hard enough to brake the base, so it does happen, and I walked away from the accident.

DeucesWild11

I want a set like that but like crazywelder I am thinking of kid #2 not yet here yet or even conceived.. still practicing..:) anyway I was thinking, any one mod up a springer seat under the bench.. not sure if there is enough room for two springers.. probably not.. Crazywelder that may be a cool project for you.. my welding stinks! When I weld it looks like someone just spit metal over a joint.. I need teaching and the proper tools..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks