• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It followed me home....

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here it is in the back yard still on the trailer.
Let the work begin!
1st I'll get that red primer :roll: covered up with some olive drab
Then transfer the wheels & tires, hitch & other goods from the M882
The troop seats & top bows off the parts M882. Then piece the other M882 back together & sell it.

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Bob
I know you have seen and have the manuals for the M880 series, but have you ever seen a NATOPS manual for the M880 series put out by the Navy? It looks like any other NATOPS manual the Navy/Marines put out for aircraft and equipment. I have one it is about 4 inches thick. I was on Okanawa in 1990, and another Marine found it sitting on a trash can. He brought it to my shop and gave it to me because "he knew I was into the military junk". Who ever had it, knew some one would want it, because they did not put it into the trash can.
Best day I had on the Rock.
One of the few, Frank
PS, if I come across a nice M880 down here, I will add it to the collection.

M35guy

well, I wouldnt mind having one, let me know when you're ready to sell it, I'll see what I can do for money on it. an ex military type truck is pretty nice even if it is rusty.

FrankUSMC

Bob
Could you PM me on Monday to remind me to look. I have a manual that shows all the defferent trucks, and how to camo them. I will look at it also.
One of the few, Frank

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a .PDF version of TB 43-0209
COLOR, MARKING, AND CAMOUFLAGE
PAINTING OF MILITARY VEHICLES,
CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT
AND
MATERIALS HANDLING EQUIPMENT

Gettting ready to paint it, was wondering about Marine markings

Attachments

N1265

good luck trying to find anything out on Marine markings...... I have been trying for a while myself.

I even e-mailed the Marine Corps historical society looking for some picks of M880s with markings.and they told me they hade none.

So I looked in my personal photo album from when I was in and all I could find was one pic of a M880 and one of a CUCV.

the markings on the door on the M880 was in yellow and said :

U.S. Marine Corps

this truck was painted forest green with no camoflage. I can not make out the wording on the second and third lines.... the first two lines were bigger lettering than the third, maybe 2in. for the first two and 1in. for the third.?

There was no visiable lettering on the doors of the CUCV

These pictures were taken in 1985 at Camp Pendelton Ca. while I was at I.T.S.

If you come accross any thing please let me know.

Nick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks