• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's actually nice to ride in!

Mister Sunday

Now that I put the Walker muffler on it, almost quiet. I still need to paint it, but I can talk to the passenger at a normal volume without turning my head towards them. Definately the cheapest, first mod to do to a deuce. Now I gotta figure out if the inside dual on the rear tandem is leaking from the valvestem extension, or the valve core, or if I'm gonna hafta take it to the tire shop.

FL_Frank

Nice mod - did it myself and can ride the kids around without hearing protection, especially with the top off. My NDTs too leaked a bit, annoyingly so, but it's no longer an issue with the 395s =)

Billy Bobbed

I hear alot of people complain about the the noise of a deuce,not me.Every chance I get I love to roll the windows down just to hear the sound of the whistler turbo out the open exhaust.I had other people in my truck,and never had any problems talking to anyone.I have a C turbo.Is it that people that have the D turbo trucks that are having noise problems because of the bigger turbo.Just wondering.:driver:

Reactions: emr

mikeroot2

I have the whistler turbo and the muffler did not cut down on the whistle at all that I can tell. Just engine noise. And the deuce is great as is without ear protection or muffler if your ears are already shot or you don't have ears. I'll bet your neighbors love the sound too.:wink:

MO MV man

No kidding but my Whistler Deuce is quieter than the guy across the street's "hot rod" Cummins Dodge diesel pickup!

I think my Deuce is a more "pure" and deep diesel sound than that thing. :beer:

No matter what, my daughter wears her ear muffs and I wear my ear plugs.

Last edited:

roady

Do you have a link to the Walker muffler you used? I would like to do this myself so I can talk to the kids without screaming to each other.

roady

I just went to your links and "added to cart" and hope to get soon. I assume you cut the factory J pipe to install behind the heat shield.

Thanks for the links and feel free to include anymore tips for installing.

mikeroot2

Attachments

MO MV man

Holy smokes, mikeroot2!

That Deuce should be almost SILENT with that monster muffler on there!

Amazon has that muffler for $50.18, FREE SHIPPING! :jumpin:

GREAT job and a BIG thanks for all the links! [thumbzup]

The ONLY thing that'd make your posts better is a video with audio or even just audio of that big beast running. ;)

Last edited:

MO MV man

Update!

Looks like Amazon is out of the mufflers-cart says "usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks".

If y'all don't feel like waiting, Summit Racing has the muffler AND the same clamps in stock.
AND the grand total is $1.90 less than Amazon. :wink:

Muffler at Summit:
Dynomax Performance 21470 - Walker RV Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Clamps at Summit:
Walker Exhaust 33223 - Walker Torctite Exhaust Clamps - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Summit is positively silly fast on shipping, too.
Used them for YEARS. [thumbzup]