• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's time to mount the M813 Winch..

texas-5-ton

After procrastonating for several months, we have decided to finish mounting the winch and hardware on the 5 ton. The winch,PTO, and drive shaft are on and all that is left ( i think ) is the levers and the top roller. Does anyone have a close-up of how their cable is run over the roller?? What i am curious about is if the cable goes back under the bumper roller after it leaves the top roller or does it just go straight out off of the roller on the top. Anyone have any problems with these top rollers??

Thanks, and pics will be included later.

texas-5-ton

RE: It

not yet but will soon. Pics are what i was looking for. I have not seen too many pictures of winches and rollers but i will try and post one later of my truck. Thanks

texas-5-ton

Uh-oh..According to the above pic, I dont have the part that is in front of the winch. But I will take a look at that thread. Hey, thanks Doghead [thumbzup]

texas-5-ton

After reviewing some pictures, it appears that I am missing the roller that goes directly in front of the drum, just below the top roller. Guess that I will need to find one of these in order for it to work correctly.

texas-5-ton

RE: the 813 winch

We got everything installed with the exception of the PTO levers. We manually put the PTO in gear and let out and retracted the cable qnd it worked great. No weird noises or anything, so it sounds like it is going to work just fine. The handle on the winch itself is a bear to move though. Any ideas what might be causing this??

I dont have any pics of the winch yet, but here is a pic of the truck in action a few nights ago. Sorry for the quality, but maybe it will do for now

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks