• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joined the Mule Train

SturmTyger380

Hi Guys,

Almost 4 months ago I ran across a guy that was wanting to sell a mule. I had him send me some photos and I told him I was interested.

He mentioned a price but also said he wanted to have his aircraft mechanic look at a few issues it had before he sold it. They got the old engine started but it had so much blow by oil was dripping out of the muffler. One thing lead to another and they ended up replacing the engine and doing a bunch of other work to it. So the price went up some but it seems to run well and I have been running it for a few days now. You can see from the photos it has the wrong seat. The air cleaner is wrong and that seat. Let's call it a Franken seat. :grin:

Mule 7.jpgMule 1.jpgMule 2.jpgMule 3.jpgMule 4.jpgMule 5.jpgMule 6.jpg

SturmTyger380

Anyone have or know someone that would have a 2 Cyl air cleaner assembly they would sell?

It is also missing the engine guard. So I am looking to buy a replacement engine guard.

If they are rare is anyone making them or has made themselves one and could give pointers as to how to fabricate one?

Alan

major519

The rear engine guard is quite complex and varied from model to model in some ways. It would be a real challenge to fab an authentic one to original specs without having an unmolested original to compare it to. From a couple guys I spoke with in the past, there was a stash of early original engine guards that came up on the market a few years ago NOS. I am still looking for one myself for my M274.

SturmTyger380

The previous owner did a quick paint job before it went up for sale. I will try to improve the Mule and enjoy it for awhile. There are a couple of Mule guys in my club so I might use their engine guards as a reference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks