• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jp-8 and wmo in 6.2.s military test

AECS

Alot of talk about JP8, I have access to the navy version JP5, will that work as a cutting agent? Flash point is 140 which is higher then JP8. I am wanting to use it at about 60%WMO and 40 JP5. blend, settle and filter to 1 micron....

Last edited:

andy3

Alot of talk about JP8, I have access to the navy version JP5, will that work as a cutting agent? Flash point is 140 which is higher then JP8. I am wanting to use it at about 60%WMO and 40 JP5. blend, settle and filter to 1 micron....
That ratio sounds about right.

Beyond Biodiesel

I have been running 20% gasoline to 80 WVO for 7 years, and find it runs quite well. In the winter up to 30% runs better in the cold, but you have to keep in mind that you need to settle your blends for a few weeks, or run them through a centrifuge.

Keith_J

Having a "fleet" of vehicles with four driving age boys and a wife, I have waste motor oil to dispose. Since none of the boys know how to drive back to the store to properly dispose of engine oil, I dump the used oil from certain vehicles into the tank of my 1031. Spark ignition engine oils (S class) in 5w30 should be fine as they are low deposit, low ash types with very low ZDDP.

So far, no issues after one tank, about two gallons to 15 of D2. Cannot say on fuel economy as it has been pulling a 4500 pound trailer in town traffic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks