• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jump Starting MEP803A

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That NOCO GB150 should have worked well for my other starting needs with 4,000A. I have never had any lead acid jump starter last very long either. Are the lithium batteries more reliable in the long term? I have a small lithium with a capacitor for my car but have never had to use it so far.
They do seem to be more reliable. One of the GB150s I have was purchased just as they were originally coming out on the market several years ago. Used it dozens of times and still works great. Even ran my mothers car on it for a 20 minute drive after her alternator failed, and I've used it to power a 12V air compressor multiple times.
The second one was just because I have MEPs and a HMMWV now so wanted to be able to jump 24V systems, and it was cheaper than a slave cable.

Lithiums have the advantage that they can dump their energy a lot faster without damaging the battery, as well as being able to discharge further and having higher energy density.

Just look at all the major power tool brands, they all use lithium battery packs these days and get thousands of cycles from the batteries. Warranty on a Milwaukee battery pack is something like 2 years or 1000 cycles free replacement and 5 years 2000 cycles pro-rata.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks