• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jumping procedure

Starlight

Hey guys, can you give me the proper way to jump somone or recieve a jump if possible in M1008. Heading up to Canada and want all my "what ifs" take care of, Thanks,Capt.T

papercu

Jumping

proper way to jump somone or recieve a jump
Well most times anything done between consenting adults are proper but there are still some state laws about certain acts. :D

Now if you mean "slave starting" and have to ask, you really need to get a copy of your vehicle -10 and keep a copy in the truck.

The CUCV as issued has special requirement for slave starting.

mangus580

RE: Jumping

Well it all depends on why your truck 'wont' start. If you leave the lights on, yeah, you can jump just the front battery. If for some reason BOTH batteries were to drain, you will need to totally seperate vehicles, and 2 sets of cables.

Be very very careful when jump starting a CUCV to make sure you pay attention to how the batteries are wired. Always hook jumper cables straight to the batteries to avoid any confusion. NEVER use one set of cables to 'jump' both batteries at once, it wont work.

BTW, whats your intended route? Maybe you can move some stuff for me??? :)

devilman96

acetomatoco

...nato style... two extra 12 volt batteries wired in series and a pair of regular jumper cables and a big Phillips screwdriver... You shove the big screwdriver into the nato adaptor in the front and put the positive cable on it and then put the negative clamp on a good ground on the truck and hook the other two ends of your nice 2 gauge civvy jumper cables to the series-upped battys red to positive #1 and black to negative #2 and away you go...now the glow plugs will work too....(of course they would have to have worked before your on board batteries went dead...it won't miraculously fix em...lol)

Starlight

Thanks again guys. Just so we're straight, there's nothing wrong with the truck. Batt's are brand new. I'm going to keep it in Canada from here on out at our cabin. Just wanted to be able to know proper procedure should the situation come up.Thanks again for the help on this, Capt. T

Michael

I have used the pin from my class IV receiver hitch in the nato slave plug instead of a big screwdriver as listed above. The hitch pins are a perfect fit and are shorter. You might want to pick one up and keep with your jumper cables even if you don't have a receiver hitch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks